Insignis Academy Trust (IAT) was established in July 2106. IAT is an education charity with the primary objective of improving education across the Trust.
As of 2019 IAT contains two schools; Princes Risborough School and Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School and is working to create a significant enhancement to the education of students in and around Aylesbury.
Insignis Academy Trust is a formal partnership of local schools which has the following aims:
- a formal partnership of local schools
- a partnership of equals, with each school accepting collective responsibility for the education of all students in the Trust
- governance and shared leadership that is committed and strives for outstanding educational progress for all students regardless of their starting points
- a strength from collaboration that is greater than the sum of the individual components
- a robust model of school improvement utilising best practice from a number of schools
- a strong commercial skill base at board level.
The Trust is managed by a Board of Trustees who are responsible for strategic direction as outlined in the five year Strategic Plan, response to changes in the sphere of secondary education and financial accountability. A Finance and Audit Committee operates across the Trust and reports directly to the board.
Each school within the Trust has a Local Governing Body, which meets each term and is accountable for the delivery of both the annual Development and Financial Plans for each school. The local Governing Bodies delegate detailed work to committees, including reviewing the work of the school in providing quality education to students, provision of policies and guidelines that set clear working parameters, effective recruitment and retention of staff, and managing the school's budget.
The Local Governing Body and committees are informed and assisted by nominated members of the school's Senior Leadership Team, whilst also reserving the right to call on all members of staff to assist them in delivering the school's objectives.
Parents and carers are able to contact the IAT Board of Trustees or Academy Local Governing Body Governors via the schools or emails below: